Environmental lawyers from ClientEarth have developed a first of its kind legal toolkit to support laws that enshrine the management rights of indigenous and local communities over forests worldwide.
ClientEarth has cautiously welcomed the Republic of Congo passing a new law hoped to promote more sustainable management of the country’s vast forest resources.
ClientEarth legal experts took part in working groups to help develop the Global Resources Initiative (GRI) taskforce report highlighting the complexity of global food production systems, and challenging government to create systemic and transformative change that ensures food supply while putting people and planet first.
This issue of the EUTR News provides an update on the operation of the EU’s law to address illegal logging, from March 2019 to March 2020.
“Our work has started a shift; where legal arguments previously ended conversations, now our partners in Ghana call themselves ‘pocket lawyers’ and engage more confidently in discussions to make
stronger forest laws.”
- Briefing paper – Natura 2000 Sites Fagaras and Maramures and Domogled
- Briefing paper – complaint to the European Commission re. illegal logging in Romanian forests
- Actualités du RBUE – mars 2019 à mars 2020
- Noticias EUTR: marzo 2019 – marzo 2020
- Comment la REDD+ peut-elle contribuer à promouvoir et soutenir les garanties sociales dans les législations nationales ?
- EUTR News – March 2019 to March 2020
- Actualités du RBUE – octobre à décembre 2019
- 加强企业责任: 在欧盟实施强制性尽职调查以保护人类和地球
- Strengthening corporate responsibility 加强企业责任: 在欧盟实施强制性尽职调查以保护人类和地球
- EUTR News: October to December 2019 in Chinese
- EUTR News: October – December 2019 in Spanish (Noticias EUTR: octubre – diciembre 2019)
- EUTR News – October to December 2019