ClientEarth lawyer Tanja Venisnik recently launched a policy briefing outlining five priorities that decision-makers in the Republic of Congo (RoC) should be addressing while developing the country’s first legal framework on community forestry.
ClientEarth’s environmental lawyers are warning national governments that only strong national laws can properly protect forests, store carbon emissions and ensure the livelihood of forest-dependent communities, in response to today’s land use report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
The EU can help tackle deforestation, environmental harm and human rights abuses by introducing mandatory due diligence – rules which require companies to identify and prevent the negative impact of their operations and supply chains.
This issue of the EUTR News provides an update on the operation of the EU’s law to address illegal logging, from April to June 2019.
This issue of the EUTR News provides an update on the operation of the EU’s law to address illegal logging, from March 2018 to March 2019.
“Our work has started a shift; where legal arguments previously ended conversations, now our partners in Ghana call themselves ‘pocket lawyers’ and engage more confidently in discussions to make
stronger forest laws.”
- EUTR News – November 2018 to January 2019 in Spanish (Noticias EUTR: noviembre 2018 – enero 2019)
- EUTR News – November 2018 to January 2019 in Chinese (《欧盟木材法规》新闻通讯——2018年11月至2019年1月)
- EUTR News – November 2018 to January 2019
- Act- 2018 – Land Rights – Liberia
- Korean Act on the Sustainability of Wood (Korean)
- EUTR News – June to October in Chinese (《欧盟木材法规》新闻——2018年6月至10月)
- EUTR News – June to October 2018 in Spanish (Noticias EUTR: junio – octubre 2018)
- EUTR News – June to October in French (Actualités du RBUE – Juin à Octobre 2018)
- EUTR News – June to October 2018
- EUTR News – March to May 2018 in Chinese (欧盟木材条例新闻 – 2018年3至5月)
- Directives volontaires de la FAO pour une Gouvernance responsable des régimes fonciers applicables aux terres, aux pêches et aux forêts dans le contexte de la sécurité alimentaire nationale
- Déclaration de Rio sur l’environnement et le développement