At ClientEarth, we use the power of the law to bring systemic change to protect our Earth and everyone who lives on it, including you, our supporters. Our shared vision of creating a future in which people and planet thrive together is essential.
Without your support, we simply would not be able to carry out our crucial work to protect life on earth. We value your trust highly, and strive to offer the best possible supporter experience. We will honour our promise to:
Commit to the highest standards
- We will aim to work above and beyond the standards set out by regulatory bodies (for example the UK Charity Commission).
- We will adhere to the Fundraising Regulator Code of Fundraising Practice, and comply with the law as it applies to charity fundraising.
- We will do all we can to ensure third parties who we work with to raise funds comply with the Code, the law and this promise.
Be transparent, honest and open
- We will be clear about who we are, what we do, and how your gift is used.
- We will give a clear explanation of how you can make a donation or change your regular donation.
- We will answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs. You can download a copy of our Annual Review, email us, or call us on +44 (0)20 7749 5970 if you require further details.
- We might turn down a donation if we feel that accepting it would damage our independence or reputation. If we do, we'll explain why.
Be fully accountable and responsible
- We will keep your personal information safe, and we will never trade or offer your data to any other organisation for marketing purposes.
- If you are unhappy with anything we've done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint – please see our complaints procedure for more information.We will always manage our resources responsibly
- We will only ever engage in fundraising partnerships that do not undermine our values or mission
Act in a respectful and fair manner
- We will respect the rights, dignity and privacy of our supporters, partners and funders
- Where the law requires we will gain your consent before contacting you to fundraise, and we will never cold call members of the general public
- We will work in compliance with the Fundraising Preference Service to ensure that we only contact you in ways that you choose
- We will have a procedure for dealing with supporters in vulnerable circumstances and it will be available on request
Dedicate ourselves to communicating the stories you want to hear about
- We will keep you informed of the impact of your gift and the realities of our work through quality email, postal, telephone and social media communications
- We will always use respectful and dignified language and images when telling the stories of our work
- We will respect your decision if you decide to opt out of any or all communications and will action your request within 28 days, as per FPS
- We will welcome any feedback you may have to improve the way we communicate with you.