On 3 July 2019, the Aarhus Convention Compliance Committee published its draft findings regarding an Irish communication on a decision to extend a quarry permit by 5 years.
In an appeal against a Commission internal review decision, the General Court has set restrictive criteria regarding the arguments that can be raised before it to challenge the act subject to internal review.
Seminars on access to justice were given in Berlin, Madrid and Brussels as part of the A2J EARL project.
On 4 June 2019 Dunja Mijatović, the Commissioner for Human Rights, released a comment on the connection between human rights and the environment.
As part of the Life Access to Justice for a Greener Europe project, we have developed an interactive platform on Access to Justice for public interest lawyers and civil servants in Estonia, Hungary and Poland.
“Working at ClientEarth allows me to practise as a lawyer and fight for a cause I believe in at the same time. Ensuring the correct implementation of the Aarhus Convention not only leads to a better protection of the environment and public health but also brings democracy in providing the public with rights that make them part of the decision-making process and in turn make our decision-makers accountable. Aarhus is about enabling the people to make the future their own.”
- Case law on Access to justice rights
- ClientEarth answer to the public consultation on Access to Justice
- Comments on the Rapporteur’s Draft Report on the Proposal for Directive on representative actions for the protection of the collective interests of consumers
- Programme du colloque 50 ans de contentieux de l’environnement, apport du mouvement associatif
- MEPs called upon to ensure availability of collective redress to members of the public harmed by breaches of EU law
- Seven Industry claims on collective redress and why they are false or misleading
- FCA Complaint – Admiral Group plc
- FCA Complaint – Phoenix Group Holdings
- FCA Complaint – Lancashire Holdings limited
- Environmental principles in UK law after Brexit
- EUTR news from March to May 2018 in French (Actualités du RBUE – mars à mai 2018)