Legal experts from environmental law charity ClientEarth warn that documents released yesterday detailing the government’s contingencies for a no-deal Brexit scenario reveal departments worryingly underprepared to maintain promised environmental protections.
- UK white paper fails to protect British fisheries and marine environment
- What are environmental principles?
In a landmark judgment for participatory democracy, Europe’s top court has ruled in favour of ClientEarth lawyers in a long-running case for greater transparency in the European Union.
Find more about what the Escazú Agreement, Poland’s breaching of EU nature’s laws and NGOs being denied access to justice…
Last month, the European Commission initiated infringement proceedings against the Polish government for breaching nature protection laws.
The Supreme Administrative Court of Poland ruled that NGOs do not have legal standing in cases relating to the penalties that may be imposed on local authorities for exceeding deadlines for the adoption of Air Quality Programs.
“Working at ClientEarth allows me to practise as a lawyer and fight for a cause I believe in at the same time. Ensuring the correct implementation of the Aarhus Convention not only leads to a better protection of the environment and public health but also brings democracy in providing the public with rights that make them part of the decision-making process and in turn make our decision-makers accountable. Aarhus is about enabling the people to make the future their own.”
- FCA Complaint – Admiral Group plc
- FCA Complaint – Phoenix Group Holdings
- FCA Complaint – Lancashire Holdings limited
- Environmental principles in UK law after Brexit
- EUTR news from March to May 2018 in French (Actualités du RBUE – mars à mai 2018)
- ClientEarth submission to the consultation on a new Dutch model bilateral investment agreement
- A new Nature and Environment Commission
- A green watchdog with teeth
- Sustainable Seafood Coalition (SSC) Members’ Meeting Minutes 25 Jan 2018
- Joint Amicus Brief in the national inquiry on the impact of climate change on the human rights of the Filipino people
- Contract-based pensions and climate risk: Report and recommendations to the Financial Conduct Authority
- Letter to Lloyd’s about investment policy and coal risk