Find out more about the public consultation on access to justice, Hungarian law on administrative courts, judgments from the CJEU and our new lawyer’s database
The first seminar of the year on Access to justice will be held on January 29th in Poland, as part of the ATOJ-EARL and IVF projects.
After much protest from the opposition parties in the Parliament, the Government’s overwhelming majority voted in favor of a new law that will set up separate courts for adjudicating in administrative matters.
The European Commission launched a public consultation on the EU’s implementation of the Aarhus Convention in the area of access to justice.
In a European first, environmental lawyers are taking the European Investment Bank (EIB) to the EU’s highest court for refusing to apply crucial environmental scrutiny to its funding decisions.
“Working at ClientEarth allows me to practise as a lawyer and fight for a cause I believe in at the same time. Ensuring the correct implementation of the Aarhus Convention not only leads to a better protection of the environment and public health but also brings democracy in providing the public with rights that make them part of the decision-making process and in turn make our decision-makers accountable. Aarhus is about enabling the people to make the future their own.”
- Comments on the Rapporteur’s Draft Report on the Proposal for Directive on representative actions for the protection of the collective interests of consumers
- Programme du colloque 50 ans de contentieux de l’environnement, apport du mouvement associatif
- MEPs called upon to ensure availability of collective redress to members of the public harmed by breaches of EU law
- Seven Industry claims on collective redress and why they are false or misleading
- FCA Complaint – Admiral Group plc
- FCA Complaint – Phoenix Group Holdings
- FCA Complaint – Lancashire Holdings limited
- Environmental principles in UK law after Brexit
- EUTR news from March to May 2018 in French (Actualités du RBUE – mars à mai 2018)
- ClientEarth submission to the consultation on a new Dutch model bilateral investment agreement
- A new Nature and Environment Commission
- A green watchdog with teeth