The Brexit withdrawal agreement includes wording supportive of establishing a green watchdog. However there are serious gaps in the declaration, and no legal safeguards governing this cooperation.
Find out more about the battle for collective redress, our analysis on the recent case law and our upcoming events!
Cologne and Bonn must introduce restrictions on diesel vehicles, as courts continue to be the main defender of people’s health from air pollution.
Two major events on Access to justice will be held before the end of the year in Hungary and France, as part of the ATOJ-EARL project.
ClientEarth has taken legal action against the Nord Stream 2 pipeline extension, a project to build and operate a new twin pipeline from Russia through the Baltic Sea to Germany.
“Working at ClientEarth allows me to practise as a lawyer and fight for a cause I believe in at the same time. Ensuring the correct implementation of the Aarhus Convention not only leads to a better protection of the environment and public health but also brings democracy in providing the public with rights that make them part of the decision-making process and in turn make our decision-makers accountable. Aarhus is about enabling the people to make the future their own.”
- Comments on the Rapporteur’s Draft Report on the Proposal for Directive on representative actions for the protection of the collective interests of consumers
- Programme du colloque 50 ans de contentieux de l’environnement, apport du mouvement associatif
- MEPs called upon to ensure availability of collective redress to members of the public harmed by breaches of EU law
- Seven Industry claims on collective redress and why they are false or misleading
- FCA Complaint – Admiral Group plc
- FCA Complaint – Phoenix Group Holdings
- FCA Complaint – Lancashire Holdings limited
- Environmental principles in UK law after Brexit
- EUTR news from March to May 2018 in French (Actualités du RBUE – mars à mai 2018)
- ClientEarth submission to the consultation on a new Dutch model bilateral investment agreement
- A new Nature and Environment Commission
- A green watchdog with teeth