Hungarian court rules that no one can be deprived of their right to a legal remedy if they had no reasonable way to know about an administrative act.
In a disappointing decision, the EU Ombudsman has confirmed the EU Commission’s interpretation of the State aid rules that only competitors can have the status of “an interested party”.
ClientEarth and the Supreme People’s Court in China have this week coordinated an unprecedented training programme for judges on environment cases.
Council of the EU asks the Commission to comply with access to justice provisions of the Aarhus Convention
The European Council has requested the Commission to submit a study on the Union’s options to explore ways and means to comply with the Aarhus Convention.
ClientEarth applauds rebellion against European Council’s shocking lack of access to justice ambition
ClientEarth lawyers are backing the rebellion of several member states that are calling for greater EU ambition on access to justice in environmental matters.
“Working at ClientEarth allows me to practise as a lawyer and fight for a cause I believe in at the same time. Ensuring the correct implementation of the Aarhus Convention not only leads to a better protection of the environment and public health but also brings democracy in providing the public with rights that make them part of the decision-making process and in turn make our decision-makers accountable. Aarhus is about enabling the people to make the future their own.”
- Environmental principles in UK law after Brexit
- EUTR news from March to May 2018 in French (Actualités du RBUE – mars à mai 2018)
- ClientEarth submission to the consultation on a new Dutch model bilateral investment agreement
- A new Nature and Environment Commission
- A green watchdog with teeth
- Sustainable Seafood Coalition (SSC) Members’ Meeting Minutes 25 Jan 2018
- Joint Amicus Brief in the national inquiry on the impact of climate change on the human rights of the Filipino people
- Contract-based pensions and climate risk: Report and recommendations to the Financial Conduct Authority
- Letter to Lloyd’s about investment policy and coal risk
- Investor Briefing UK v Australian Shareholder Rights – Feb 2018
- Memo – Governance Regulation – EU EE binding target
- CoR conference – ENVE commission – 14th Meeting