Advocate General opinion suggests restricting Member State discretion to set standing criteria for individuals
This opinion from Advocate General Hogan considers significant questions relating to access to justice under both the Environmental Impact Assessment Directive and the Water Framework Directive.
Find out more about the latest updates on access to justice
We are launching a series of three webinars on the right to clean air and access to justice.
On 18 December the European Parliament re-elected Emily O’Reilly for a second term as the European Ombudsman.
“Working at ClientEarth allows me to practise as a lawyer and fight for a cause I believe in at the same time. Ensuring the correct implementation of the Aarhus Convention not only leads to a better protection of the environment and public health but also brings democracy in providing the public with rights that make them part of the decision-making process and in turn make our decision-makers accountable. Aarhus is about enabling the people to make the future their own.”
- ClientEarth, Fern and Conservation International, Joint Reply to the Draft Interim Report of the Sustainability Impact Assessment of the EU-Mercosur Trade Agreement, October 30, 2019.
- ClientEarth letter and analysis regarding UNIPER ISDS threat
- Background paper analysing the Study and Report submitted by the Commission to the Council in relation to Council Decision (EU) 2018/881
- Case law on Access to justice rights
- ClientEarth answer to the public consultation on Access to Justice
- Comments on the Rapporteur’s Draft Report on the Proposal for Directive on representative actions for the protection of the collective interests of consumers
- Programme du colloque 50 ans de contentieux de l’environnement, apport du mouvement associatif
- MEPs called upon to ensure availability of collective redress to members of the public harmed by breaches of EU law
- Seven Industry claims on collective redress and why they are false or misleading
- FCA Complaint – Admiral Group plc
- FCA Complaint – Phoenix Group Holdings