This webinar provides an overview of the legal framework that applies to individuals and NGOs seeking to enforce the Habitats Directive in national courts.
On 6 March, the European Commission published a Roadmap proposing an amendment of the Aarhus Regulation
IIDMA held the second access to justice training session in Spain, targeting a wide range of professionals from the legal sector, especially lawyers.
In an ‘unfortunate’ ruling, the Court of justice of the EU (CJEU) has decided to continue excluding members of the public from the debate on investment courts, despite the threat this arbitration system represents for the rule of law and the environment.
“Working at ClientEarth allows me to practise as a lawyer and fight for a cause I believe in at the same time. Ensuring the correct implementation of the Aarhus Convention not only leads to a better protection of the environment and public health but also brings democracy in providing the public with rights that make them part of the decision-making process and in turn make our decision-makers accountable. Aarhus is about enabling the people to make the future their own.”
- Accès à la justice – contexte de la qualité de l’air
- EU Ombudsman’s decision on the transparency of the Council’s decision-making process in setting fishing quotas
- ClientEarth and IISD joint letter on the modernisation of the Energy Charter Treaty
- Legal briefing on the Commission’s draft proposal for the Energy Charter Treaty modernization
- CE Approaches to Precaution
- ClientEarth, Fern and Conservation International, Joint Reply to the Draft Interim Report of the Sustainability Impact Assessment of the EU-Mercosur Trade Agreement, October 30, 2019.
- ClientEarth letter and analysis regarding UNIPER ISDS threat
- Background paper analysing the Study and Report submitted by the Commission to the Council in relation to Council Decision (EU) 2018/881
- Case law on Access to justice rights
- ClientEarth answer to the public consultation on Access to Justice
- Comments on the Rapporteur’s Draft Report on the Proposal for Directive on representative actions for the protection of the collective interests of consumers