Click 'Continue' if you consent to use all non-essential cookies.
PDF | 113 kb
Summary of key concerns and agreed points
Item 1: Key Concerns
In response to feedback from a number of SSC members, this meeting was changed from its original purpose (addressing public feedback labelling code) to address issues and potential solutions surrounding the following instead:
• The need for more simplicity in the draft labelling code;
• The practicability of the labelling code's 'alternative' route to sustainability claims
(Option 2) - other than certification to third party standard;
• The need for non-member expert involvement in SSC working groups; and
• Governance structure / decision making.
Item 2: Simplification of the code and sign-off
• Without changing the agreed fundamental principles of the labelling code, its
structure, layout and presentation will be simplified by the secretariat with the help
of the suggested summary from an SSC member. The bulk and detail of the
commitments will be placed in annexes.
• The secretariat will re-draft and simplify the labelling code as per agreements in this
meeting and then circulate and discuss with those present at this meeting who were
willing to give initial comments. The draft code will then be amended again if
necessary, and presented as a new version at the next full members meeting.
• As a result of the outcome of this meeting, coupled with low availability for the
previously suggested date of 5 September, the next SSC members' meeting will be
rescheduled to the end of September in order to take place after the food-service
members meeting. Members present di