Click 'Continue' if you consent to use all non-essential cookies.
PDF | 102 kb
Summary of conclusions and actions:
Item 2: Final consensus on social/ethical factors in the codes
• Agreed: All agreed on exclusion of social and ethical from the codes. It will be made
clear that the codes are in relation to environmental labels and environmentally
• Agreed: Aspects of fish welfare relevant to the environment (e.g. disease control,
habitat degradation etc) will be covered by the codes. Non-environmental aspects such
as slaughter will not be under the scope of the codes.
Item 3: Labelling code
• Agreed: All agreed on tone and format of code
• Agreed: All agreed that ‘responsible’ and ‘sustainable’ should be referred to as different claims, not levels or tiers
• Agreed: It is important that the code does not endorse a particular system, rather it defines a process (and organic may be part of that process).
• Action point: ClientEarth to carry out legal analysis of EU ecosystem laws and relationship between organic and sustainability