Click 'Continue' if you consent to use all non-essential cookies.
PDF | 173 kb
Morning Sessions (members and non-members)
1. Secretariat welcomes all and gives a brief introduction. Session begins with four
Agenda Item 1: Secretariat Presentation
2. Covered the expected aims of the SSC including: clear labelling, promotion of
underutilised species, sourcing standards and data collection.
3. Coordinated approach is required. All of industry to be involved, including promotion
from celebrity chefs, suppliers to ensure processes down to the fishmeal sectors.
4. Seafood labelling – there is no harmonisation, it is not properly regulated and no
5. Hypothetical examples were given for defined environmental claims, and the promotion of underutilised species.