New figures obtained through a Freedom of Information request are a reminder that action is needed now.
- UK government hides air quality strategy while other countries go public
- Legal history made in ClientEarth case as judge makes ‘exceptional’ ruling
A fresh wave of legal action brings the number of German clean air cases to 30, and may prompt authorities across the country to introduce diesel restrictions.
After Stuttgart’s “botched” attempt to appeal against diesel bans, authorities are still stalling on putting them in place.
The UK government has refused to make public its strategy to bring down illegal levels of air pollution.
The Supreme Administrative Court of Bulgaria has refused Brikel coal power plant permission to increase its coal burning capacity. The court said that the plant had systematically failed to comply with environmental laws.
“The transition towards ‘greener’ chemicals, less harmful to human health and the environment, is both complex and contentious. The law has a powerful role to play in the process; working at ClientEarth allows me to make sure that this power is harnessed in the public interest.”
- Defra Response to Environmental Information Request on proposals to improve air quality
- ClientEarth and EEB Environmental Information Request to Defra on proposals to improve air quality
- How to find and analyse alternatives in the authorisation process
- High Court ruling on remedies, ClientEarth (no3) vs SSEFRA – liberty to apply and air pollution plans
- ClientEarth’s comment on the EFSA/ECHA guidance document for the identification of EDCs in pesticides and biocides
- ClientEarth Clean Air case: REA interim judgment – interlocutory judgment
- ClientEarth analysis: A Trojan horse in the identification of endocrine disruptors
- Comments on Stakeholder Consultation Paper – interface of chemical, product and waste legislation
- Konkluzje BAT– kolejny krok ku ograniczaniu emisji zanieczyszczeń z dużych instalacji spalania
- Brussels air quality monitoring results 2017 – testing for NO2
- Brussels air quality monitoring 2017 – results spreadsheet
- Methodology for ClientEarth’s independent air quality monitoring in Brussels