In a multi-year legal battle we’re fighting for Munich citizens’ right to breathe clean air and have taken the case all the way to Europe’s top court. The ruling came in today and the outlook for Bavaria isn’t good.
We sat down with Dominic Phinn, our Business Engagement Co-ordinator for Clean Air, to find out more about our work with UK businesses to tackle air pollution.
Today, the Government released its long-awaited Environment Bill to tackle the UK’s biggest environmental challenges but it was another missed opportunity for people’s right to breathe clean air.
“The transition towards ‘greener’ chemicals, less harmful to human health and the environment, is both complex and contentious. The law has a powerful role to play in the process; working at ClientEarth allows me to make sure that this power is harnessed in the public interest.”
- Healthy Air Campaign The Environment Bill and clean air Second Reading briefing
- ClientEarth amicus curiae dans l’affaire Di Caprio et autres contre l’Italie, septembre 2019
- ClientEarth amicus curiae in case Di Caprio and others v. Italy, September 2019
- Hearing on air pollution health risks puts Germany’s diesel debate in spotlight
- The “streamlining” of authorisation: efficiency versus leniency
- Open Letter: NGOs’ reaction to the ‘Joint industry position paper regarding the waste framework directive database’
- ClientEarth call for action on unreasonable delays and lack of transparency in the adoption of authorisations and restrictions under REACH
- Reform of the General Food Law – Analysis of the new provisions on transparency
- ClientEarth shows that the Commission takes an unreasonable time to adopt chemical decisions
- European Chemicals Agency favouring microplastics industry opinion over scientific evidence of environmental damage
- ClientEarth presentation at the European Parliament calling for reform of the food contact material regulation
- EDC-Free Europe statement on the EU EDC strategy