Today, the Government released its long-awaited Environment Bill to tackle the UK’s biggest environmental challenges. As it stands, today’s bill is another missed opportunity for people’s right to breathe clean air. We’ll continue to call for stricter legislation on clean air.
Latest UK air pollution data reveal that 83% of reporting zones still have illegal levels of air pollution and little progress has been made. Find out how clean the air you breathe is.
ClientEarth have made a submission to the European Court of Human Rights in a case brought by Italian citizens against their government’s systematic failure to address environmental pollution.
On 26 June 2019, the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) held that citizens can challenge the lack of adequate air quality plans.
Europe’s top court has backed Brussels citizens and ClientEarth in our fight for clean air in the Belgian capital with a judgment today.
“The transition towards ‘greener’ chemicals, less harmful to human health and the environment, is both complex and contentious. The law has a powerful role to play in the process; working at ClientEarth allows me to make sure that this power is harnessed in the public interest.”
- The “streamlining” of authorisation: efficiency versus leniency
- Open Letter: NGOs’ reaction to the ‘Joint industry position paper regarding the waste framework directive database’
- ClientEarth call for action on unreasonable delays and lack of transparency in the adoption of authorisations and restrictions under REACH
- Reform of the General Food Law – Analysis of the new provisions on transparency
- ClientEarth shows that the Commission takes an unreasonable time to adopt chemical decisions
- European Chemicals Agency favouring microplastics industry opinion over scientific evidence of environmental damage
- ClientEarth presentation at the European Parliament calling for reform of the food contact material regulation
- EDC-Free Europe statement on the EU EDC strategy
- ClientEarth and EEB (joint) submission to ECHA’s call for evidence on microplastics
- ClientEarth comments on ECHA 5 year strategy 2019-2013
- Defra Response to Environmental Information Request on proposals to improve air quality
- ClientEarth and EEB Environmental Information Request to Defra on proposals to improve air quality