Poland’s Supreme Administrative Court has upheld today the decision to ban solid coal and wood burning in Krakow.
A European Commission decision to allow a Canadian company to sell pigments for paints containing highly dangerous chemicals has today been deemed illegal.
Lawyers report Bulgaria and Poland to EU Commission for blocking access to justice to ensure clean air
ClientEarth has called on the European Commission to take action against Bulgaria and Poland for blocking people’s access to the courts to protect their right to breathe clean air.
The Advocate General of the Court of Justice of the EU has today published an opinion, which piles pressure on the Brussels regional government to protect the health of people in the city.
The European Commission has announced today that it will likely appeal an order from the Court of Justice of the European Union on diesel emissions tests.
“The transition towards ‘greener’ chemicals, less harmful to human health and the environment, is both complex and contentious. The law has a powerful role to play in the process; working at ClientEarth allows me to make sure that this power is harnessed in the public interest.”
- The “streamlining” of authorisation: efficiency versus leniency
- Open Letter: NGOs’ reaction to the ‘Joint industry position paper regarding the waste framework directive database’
- ClientEarth call for action on unreasonable delays and lack of transparency in the adoption of authorisations and restrictions under REACH
- Reform of the General Food Law – Analysis of the new provisions on transparency
- ClientEarth shows that the Commission takes an unreasonable time to adopt chemical decisions
- European Chemicals Agency favouring microplastics industry opinion over scientific evidence of environmental damage
- ClientEarth presentation at the European Parliament calling for reform of the food contact material regulation
- EDC-Free Europe statement on the EU EDC strategy
- ClientEarth and EEB (joint) submission to ECHA’s call for evidence on microplastics
- ClientEarth comments on ECHA 5 year strategy 2019-2013
- Defra Response to Environmental Information Request on proposals to improve air quality
- ClientEarth and EEB Environmental Information Request to Defra on proposals to improve air quality