Many people have noticed cleaner air and clearer skies during lockdown. Air that’s safe to breathe should not be a novelty – it must be the new normal. ClientEarth has been leading the charge to make this a lasting reality post-lockdown, not a forgotten memory.
We’ve launched a legal challenge against the German Federal Government over its continued failures to clean up dangerous air pollution across the country.
The implementation of Clean Air Zones across the country will be delayed until “after the Covid-19 outbreak response”. Given the harm to people’s health caused by air pollution, particularly to those most vulnerable, we think the delay should be kept as short as possible.
Today, the Government released its long-awaited Environment Bill to tackle the UK’s biggest environmental challenges but it was another missed opportunity for people’s right to breathe clean air.
We are launching a series of three webinars on the right to clean air and access to justice.
“The transition towards ‘greener’ chemicals, less harmful to human health and the environment, is both complex and contentious. The law has a powerful role to play in the process; working at ClientEarth allows me to make sure that this power is harnessed in the public interest.”
- Clean Air Parents’ Network London Webinar Q&A: London’s air pollution, why it matters and what can we all do about it?
- Stellungnahme zum Verordnungsentwurf zur 13. BlmSChV
- Clean Air Parents’ Network London webinar July 2020 – London Living Streets presentation
- Clean Air Parents’ Network London webinar July 2020 – Mums for Lungs presentation
- Clean Air Parents’ Network London webinar July 2020 – Dr Ian Mudway presentation
- Emissionsgrenzwerte für Kohlekraftwerke: Gesundheitliche Folgen der vorgeschlagenen Grenzwerte in Deutschland
- Gesundheits- und Umweltschutz stärken, Krankheitslast verringern durch ambitionierte Schadstoffgrenzwerte für Kohlekraftwerke – Brief
- Environment Bill: Public Bill Committee – ClientEarth written evidence March 2020
- Chemicals in the EU – EU Environmental Policies & Law
- Healthy Air Campaign – Clean Air and the Environment Bill Committee Stage Briefing: clauses 1 to 8
- ClientEarth contribution to the public consultation on the fitness check of the EU legislation with regard to endocrine disruptors
- Healthy Air Campaign The Environment Bill and clean air Second Reading briefing