UK MPs have called for the government to commit to a target of 2032 for all new cars and vans sold in the UK to be zero emission.
Disobedient Films explores what brought environmental pioneer James Thornton to London to set up ClientEarth – and his legal team’s six-year battle to protect our lungs from air pollution.
In Germany, diesel bans now been mandated by courts in Stuttgart, Munich, Düsseldorf, Aachen, Frankfurt – and the capital, Berlin.
A new UK Government air pollution plan has revealed air pollution to be much worse than previously feared.
Legal experts from environmental law charity ClientEarth have joined other key organisations working in the public interest in outlining the current weaknesses of current food contact material regulation.
“The transition towards ‘greener’ chemicals, less harmful to human health and the environment, is both complex and contentious. The law has a powerful role to play in the process; working at ClientEarth allows me to make sure that this power is harnessed in the public interest.”
- Reform of the General Food Law – Analysis of the new provisions on transparency
- ClientEarth shows that the Commission takes an unreasonable time to adopt chemical decisions
- European Chemicals Agency favouring microplastics industry opinion over scientific evidence of environmental damage
- ClientEarth presentation at the European Parliament calling for reform of the food contact material regulation
- EDC-Free Europe statement on the EU EDC strategy
- ClientEarth and EEB (joint) submission to ECHA’s call for evidence on microplastics
- ClientEarth comments on ECHA 5 year strategy 2019-2013
- Defra Response to Environmental Information Request on proposals to improve air quality
- ClientEarth and EEB Environmental Information Request to Defra on proposals to improve air quality
- How to find and analyse alternatives in the authorisation process
- High Court ruling on remedies, ClientEarth (no3) vs SSEFRA – liberty to apply and air pollution plans
- ClientEarth’s comment on the EFSA/ECHA guidance document for the identification of EDCs in pesticides and biocides