Following legal action Greece has ruled to annul the environmental permits for two state-owned lignite-fired power plants. The ruling has put the final nail in the coffin for planned power plant Meliti II, and left its sister plant Meliti I operating without legal permission. This is the new normal in a country that is speeding towards a coal phase-out.
Workshop: A critical assessment of the EU State aid framework for energy efficiency, district heating & cooling and co-generation
Workshop: Is the existing State aid framework in support of the decarbonisation of Europe? A critical assessment of the EU State aid framework for energy efficiency, district heating & cooling and co-generation.
At ClientEarth, 2019 has been a year of huge successes in the fight for our planet. Here are some of our highlights.
Workshop: Is the existing State aid framework in support of the decarbonisation of Europe? A critical assessment of the EU State aid framework for support to energy intensive industry
Our coal lawyer, Sam Bright, has won the ‘Rising Star’ accolade at the British Legal Awards.
“I believe that sustainable development and protection of the environment are the most crucial areas that need to be addressed today. Working at ClientEarth allows me to collaborate with talented people who are not only dedicated lawyers and policy makers but who are also passionate about making a significant and positive change to the environment. Together at ClientEarth we can make a difference to the world around us.”
- Stellungnahme von ClientEarth zum Kohleverstromungsbeendigungsgesetz
- Non-compliance of the 4th PCI List with EU law and the Paris Agreement
- Subsydia: Motor czy hamulec polskiej transformacji energetycznej?
- Workshop presentation: Making State aid work for Europe’s decarbonisation – State aid rules and the support of energy efficiency, district heating & cooling and cogeneration
- Distribution network tariff design under the Clean Energy Package: legal requirements and policy impacts
- ClientEarth letter to the Board of Directors of the European Investment Bank (EIB) on its fossil-free lending policy
- Brief an Bundesministerien: Finanzierungspolitik der EIB im Energiesektor – mit rechtlicher Analyse
- Brief an Bundesministerien: Finanzierungspolitik der EIB im Energiesektor
- Workshop presentation: Is the existing State aid framework in support of a decarbonised Europe? – 22 October 2019
- Auswirkung des Rodungsstopps in Hambach auf die Braunkohleförderung
- BaFin Beschwerde: “Falsche und irreführende Ad-hoc-Mitteilung der RWE AG”
- ClientEarth letter to German financial regulator BaFin over RWE ad-hoc disclosure