Lawyers warn fossil fuel companies should factor the potential payback of illegal subsidies into the “vast portfolio of risks” they face.
- It’s not just Apple – EU investigates fossil fuel tax breaks
- Spanish coal plants must pay back €400m in unlawful State aid, environmental lawyers insist
EU decision makers agreed on a disappointingly low overall renewable target for 2030 of 32%. It now remains to be seen what measures will be put in place to ensure that EU countries meet this target.
This year’s REN21’s Renewables 2018 Global Status Report reveals the transition to renewable energy is possible, but advances so far are uneven across sectors.
Biomass power plants put the EU’s ability to meet climate goals in jeopardy but they’re lauded as a panacea for cutting carbon. EU renewable energy policy needs to stop legitimising subsidies for biomass.
Energy giant ENEL’s conflicting climate policies have come under fire at its AGM but the group is still refusing to give investors any certainty about the future, despite the rapid decline of coal in Europe.
“I believe that sustainable development and protection of the environment are the most crucial areas that need to be addressed today. Working at ClientEarth allows me to collaborate with talented people who are not only dedicated lawyers and policy makers but who are also passionate about making a significant and positive change to the environment. Together at ClientEarth we can make a difference to the world around us.”
- Ocena nowelizacji ustawy o OZE
- Ocena wpływu planowanego przedsięwzięcia polegającego na budowie i eksploatacji gazociągu Nord Stream 2 na środowisko Bałtyku
- Assessment of the Polish Act on the Capacity Market
- Transposition of EU Directives into national laws
- Memo – Legality of continuing to apply ‘old’ comitology procedures to the Ecodesign Directive
- Legal briefing: The possible integration of financial and fiscal provisions in the Directive 2002/91/EC on the Energy Performance of Buildings
- Legal briefing – self-regulation measures under the Ecodesign Directive
- Public consultation on EIB’s Energy Lending Policy – comments by ClientEarth
- Ocena ustawy o rynku mocy
- Uwagi do projektu rozporządzenia Ministra Energii w sprawie szczegółowych zasad kształtowania i kalkulacji taryf oraz rozliczeń w obrocie energią elektryczną
- Memorandum on the Finnish public consultation process regarding the investor’s water permit application for NordStream 2
- A briefing by Energy Cities and ClientEarth on the public participation provisions within the Energy Union Governance Regulation