Approval for a huge new coal mine that would leave 3,000 people in search of new homes is being challenged by ClientEarth’s lawyers in Poland.
ClientEarth energy experts say UK must come good on promise to introduce coal phase-out law to ensure fair deal for workers.
ClientEarth have called on the European Commission to put Germany under scrutiny after it missed the legal deadline to report on whether its €1.6 billion ‘lignite reserve’ scheme was successfully cutting carbon.
If left unchallenged, this decision would expose thousands of people to levels of mercury and sulphur dioxide four times over the legal limit.
ClientEarth has warned warned that, if approved, a new Drax gas plant would be responsible for as much as 75% of the emissions budget for the entire UK power sector.
“I believe that sustainable development and protection of the environment are the most crucial areas that need to be addressed today. Working at ClientEarth allows me to collaborate with talented people who are not only dedicated lawyers and policy makers but who are also passionate about making a significant and positive change to the environment. Together at ClientEarth we can make a difference to the world around us.”
- Uwagi do projektu nowelizacji ustawy o OZE z dnia 25 lutego 2019 roku
- Jaki węgiel dla Elektrowni Bełchatów? Zasoby i jakość węgla brunatnego w złożu „Bełchatów” (pole Bełchatów i pole Szczerców) oraz w złożu „Złoczew”.
- – BEIS consultation – technical amendments to the UK Capacity Market – ClientEarth response (Jan 2019)
- How can the recast Electricity Regulation set strong rules for the new ‘EU DSO entity’?
- Regional Operational Centres: A review of the Commission’s proposal and recommendations for improvement
- Modellvergleich eines Kohleausstiegs aus rechtlicher Sicht: Kurzstudie im Auftrag von ClientEarth – Anwälte der Erde
- Ostrołęka C: Enea’s and Energa’s Board Members’ Fiduciary Duties to the Companies and Shareholders
- Influencing 2021-2030 NECP’s through public participation
- Law and ambition in Poland’s energy transition
- UK Capacity Market review – ClientEarth response to BEIS call for evidence (Oct 2018)
- Ocena nowelizacji ustawy o OZE
- Ocena wpływu planowanego przedsięwzięcia polegającego na budowie i eksploatacji gazociągu Nord Stream 2 na środowisko Bałtyku