Energy Charter Treaty Reform – a missed opportunity to support the EU’s climate action and the clean energy transition
ClientEarth’s lawyers have written to the Vice President of the European Commission calling for a more ambitious reform of the Energy Charter Treaty (ECT). This is a unique opportunity to match the EU’s climate objectives with international investment policies.
ClientEarth uses law to tackle the climate crisis. We pair up with lawyers and charities throughout Europe to fight dirty coal. Maria Jolie Veder, one of our energy lawyers, tells us how we work with local experts to help people take on polluting coal.
Our lawyers and Bankwatch Romania have submitted a complaint to the European Commission after the Romanian government funded evictions of homeowners by a coal company.
Major Polish energy firms Enea and Energa have announced they will suspend funding to, and construction of, the country’s last planned new coal plant, Ostroleka C, over economic concerns.
We’ve launched a High Court challenge against the UK government for its decision to approve plans for Europe’s largest gas plant.
“I believe that sustainable development and protection of the environment are the most crucial areas that need to be addressed today. Working at ClientEarth allows me to collaborate with talented people who are not only dedicated lawyers and policy makers but who are also passionate about making a significant and positive change to the environment. Together at ClientEarth we can make a difference to the world around us.”
- List do nowej prezes PGE GiEK z apelem o formalne odstąpienie od projektu budowy kopalni „Złoczew”
- Subsidies: a driving force or obstruction for the Polish energy transition?
- Od zera do gigawata – Ewolucja polskich regulacji prosumenckich
- Legal briefing on the Commission’s draft proposal for the Energy Charter Treaty modernization
- IED Update – Inception Impact Assessment – ClientEarth Response
- Uwagi Fundacji ClientEarth Prawnicy dla Ziemi do Programu Ochrony Powietrza dla województwa łódzkiego
- ClientEarth and Ember joint response to the Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism Roadmap
- Observations on Poland’s market reform plan
- Implementacja pakietu zimowego
- Uwagi do projektu ustawy o rekompensatach
- Policy brief: Participatory Governance for the roll-out of the Energy Union (prosumers and energy communities)
- ClientEarth’s observations on the planned Belgian Capacity Mechanism