Why is everyone so worried about coal, and is there a clean alternative? Read on to find out more.
We have supported our partners Greenpeace Romania to launch a legal challenge to force authorities to consider the huge negative environmental impacts of Romania’s notorious coal polluter Rovinari.
The Greek government wants to introduce a costly new subsidy scheme that would give money to ageing coal plants, favouring them over cleaner energy sources.
We have written to the European Commission arguing that there is no proven need for the UK’s Capacity Market – and that as designed, it favours coal and gas power plants over cleaner technologies.
“I believe that sustainable development and protection of the environment are the most crucial areas that need to be addressed today. Working at ClientEarth allows me to collaborate with talented people who are not only dedicated lawyers and policy makers but who are also passionate about making a significant and positive change to the environment. Together at ClientEarth we can make a difference to the world around us.”
- The Regulatory Assistance Project’s (RAP) and ClientEarth’s Concerns with UK Capacity Mechanism’s State Aid Conformity
- The Regulatory Assistance Project’s (RAP) and ClientEarth’s Concerns with UK Capacity Mechanism’s State Aid Conformity – Follow-up
- Uwagi do projektu nowelizacji ustawy o OZE z dnia 25 lutego 2019 roku
- Jaki węgiel dla Elektrowni Bełchatów? Zasoby i jakość węgla brunatnego w złożu „Bełchatów” (pole Bełchatów i pole Szczerców) oraz w złożu „Złoczew”.
- – BEIS consultation – technical amendments to the UK Capacity Market – ClientEarth response (Jan 2019)
- How can the recast Electricity Regulation set strong rules for the new ‘EU DSO entity’?
- Regional Operational Centres: A review of the Commission’s proposal and recommendations for improvement
- Modellvergleich eines Kohleausstiegs aus rechtlicher Sicht: Kurzstudie im Auftrag von ClientEarth – Anwälte der Erde
- Ostrołęka C: Enea’s and Energa’s Board Members’ Fiduciary Duties to the Companies and Shareholders
- Influencing 2021-2030 NECP’s through public participation
- Law and ambition in Poland’s energy transition
- UK Capacity Market review – ClientEarth response to BEIS call for evidence (Oct 2018)