Our coal lawyer, Sam Bright, has won the ‘Rising Star’ accolade at the British Legal Awards.
- Should German coal companies get cash to close?
- Major step forward: European Investment Bank to stop funding fossil fuel projects
Conference organised by ClientEarth and Agora Agora Energiewende on ‘State aid perspectives on the “Coal-to-Clean Transition” in Europe’.
Workshop: Is the existing State aid framework in support of a decarbonised Europe? A critical assessment of the EU State aid Guidelines for renewable energy sources.
Germany now has a date for its coal phase out – but for the villagers still threatened by rampant mining, it might take a legal battle to save their homes.
“I believe that sustainable development and protection of the environment are the most crucial areas that need to be addressed today. Working at ClientEarth allows me to collaborate with talented people who are not only dedicated lawyers and policy makers but who are also passionate about making a significant and positive change to the environment. Together at ClientEarth we can make a difference to the world around us.”
- Distribution network tariff design under the Clean Energy Package: legal requirements and policy impacts
- ClientEarth letter to the Board of Directors of the European Investment Bank (EIB) on its fossil-free lending policy
- Brief an Bundesministerien: Finanzierungspolitik der EIB im Energiesektor – mit rechtlicher Analyse
- Brief an Bundesministerien: Finanzierungspolitik der EIB im Energiesektor
- Workshop presentation: Is the existing State aid framework in support of a decarbonised Europe? – 22 October 2019
- Auswirkung des Rodungsstopps in Hambach auf die Braunkohleförderung
- BaFin Beschwerde: “Falsche und irreführende Ad-hoc-Mitteilung der RWE AG”
- ClientEarth letter to German financial regulator BaFin over RWE ad-hoc disclosure
- Enervis Belchatow Lignite Power Plant Full Documentation
- Assessment of options for replacement of the Bełchatów Lignite Power Plant
- To meet its climate commitments, the EU must involve its people
- ClientEarth’s response to the Targeted Consultation for the Evaluation of the Guidelines on State aid for Environmental protection and Energy 2014-2020