In a world-first our lawyers have submitted a complaint of over 100-pages to the UK National Contact Point for the OECD against oil and gas giant BP over what we think is greenwashing in its advertising. Here’s the details of our complaint.
In December, ClientEarth co-hosted The Inception Meeting for Joint Research on “Green Development Guidance for Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) Projects”, also known as the “Green Light System”.
At ClientEarth, 2019 has been a year of huge successes in the fight for our planet. Here are some of our highlights.
Pension funds should disclose how they are managing these risks. We have been helping a member of the Shell pension fund in his efforts to get proof that the fund is adequately managing its climate-related risk.
ClientEarth has made a world-first complaint against BP, claiming the oil giant’s latest advertising campaign is misleading consumers about its focus on low carbon energy.
“I feel very lucky to be able to work every day with positive people who, like me, value the opportunity we have to help develop and defend the laws that protect our planet. Everything we can do today to minimise the impact of climate change our children will thank us for tomorrow.”
- Stellungnahme von ClientEarth zum Kohleverstromungsbeendigungsgesetz
- Subsydia: Motor czy hamulec polskiej transformacji energetycznej?
- UK financial regulators are missing in action on company failures to disclose material climate-related information
- Insuring coal no more – The 2019 Scorecard on Insurance, Coal and Climate Change
- ClientEarth letter to the Board of Directors of the European Investment Bank (EIB) on its fossil-free lending policy
- Brief an Bundesministerien: Finanzierungspolitik der EIB im Energiesektor – mit rechtlicher Analyse
- ClientEarth’s Climate Snapshot 2019
- ClientEarth response to Treasury Select Committee Inquiry into Decarbonisation of the UK Economy and Green Finance
- ClientEarth response to the independent review of the Financial Reporting Council – initial consultation on the recommendations
- ClientEarth response to the independent review into the quality and effectiveness of audit
- Kohleausstiegsgesetz Gesetzentwurf über die Beendigung der Nutzung von Braun- und Steinkohle in Großfeuerungsanlagen
- Ostrołęka C – the €1.2bn elephant in the room at COP24