Our lawyers have won the right to appeal a ruling by the High Court, which sided with a UK Government decision to approve what would be Europe’s largest gas plant.
Is the environment still a priority in China’s political and economic agenda?
ClientEarth co-hosted a virtual workshop on green economic recovery on behalf of the bilateral EU – China Environment Project.
In the UK, ClientEarth is calling on the Government to impose five strict climate conditions that companies should adhere to when receiving public support during the COVID-19 recovery. These conditions can help ensure economic growth does not come at the cost of the country failing to meet its climate commitments.
In an important precedent for complaints against corporate greenwashing, an OECD complaint filed by ClientEarth lawyers alleging oil giant BP misled the public in its advertising campaign would have proceeded had the company not already committed to take down the ads.
“I feel very lucky to be able to work every day with positive people who, like me, value the opportunity we have to help develop and defend the laws that protect our planet. Everything we can do today to minimise the impact of climate change our children will thank us for tomorrow.”
- Uwagi ClientEarth do projektu nowelizacji ustawy o ETS
- FCA climate risk disclosure consultation briefing
- Consultation on proposals to revise the MER UK Strategy – ClientEarth Response
- Brief an Ministerien: Keine Umsetzung des Braunkohleausstiegs durch öffentlich-rechtliche Verträge
- Coal phase-out compensation for LEAG – legality assessment
- Entschädigungen für die LEAG im Zuge des Kohleausstiegs – Analyse
- List do nowej prezes PGE GiEK z apelem o formalne odstąpienie od projektu budowy kopalni „Złoczew”
- James Thornton interview New Philosopher
- ClientEarth letter to Nigel Higgins of Barclays PLC – redacted
- Stellungnahme von ClientEarth zum Kohleverstromungsbeendigungsgesetz
- Subsydia: Motor czy hamulec polskiej transformacji energetycznej?
- UK financial regulators are missing in action on company failures to disclose material climate-related information