New climate research published directly links the level of atmospheric carbon dioxide – rather than mean global temperature – with the chance of more extreme weather events, furthering the case for litigation against businesses and governments shown to be ignoring climate risk in their decision-making.
Reports this morning suggest that Theresa May’s cabinet will back plans for a third runway at Heathrow today. Any plan would face two major obstacles.
As climate change-related events increase the rate and scale of insurance payouts, how much longer can the industry prop up projects clearly connected to global temperature rise?
An amendment to the EU Withdrawal Bill that demands environmental standards are maintained and enforced after Brexit has just passed in the House of Lords.
Investors in Rio Tinto have made it clear that they will not stand by and watch while the company funds lobby groups that block climate policy.
“I feel very lucky to be able to work every day with positive people who, like me, value the opportunity we have to help develop and defend the laws that protect our planet. Everything we can do today to minimise the impact of climate change our children will thank us for tomorrow.”
- Projekt Globalnego Paktu dla Środowiska
- Joint Amicus Brief in the national inquiry on the impact of climate change on the human rights of the Filipino people
- Investor Briefing UK v Australian Shareholder Rights – Feb 2018
- Glossary of key terms for climate science and law seminar
- Summary of proceedings climate science and litigation seminar London
- Winter Package Symposium, 1 March 2017 – Presentations
- Amicus Curiae Brief Presented by ClientEarth – Annex A, B, C, D
- Amicus Curiae Brief presented by ClientEarth Re: National inquiry on the impact of climate change on the human rights of the Filipino
- The Missing 60: What can investors do to secure improved climate voting by asset managers?
- Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) and the environment A gold standard for the planet or for big business?
- ClientEarth Investor Briefing Exxon sued in US for allegedly misleading investors on climate risk
- ClientEarth Briefing – Can Donald Trump cancel the Paris Agreement?
You can help
Your support helps us use the law to protect your environment.