ClientEarth has submitted a written objection to Drax Power’s plans to build four new gas turbines, on the grounds that it breaches the government’s planning and climate change recommendations.
Company Enea will have to justify its decision to power ahead with the controversial project in court, as Poland feels the pressure before COP24.
The Bank of England’s Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) have today released statements on the systemic impact of climate change to UK financial markets
As the UN pushes for urgent climate action, judges reaffirm governments must commit to fighting climate change.
A member of Shell’s pension fund is ready to take it to the Pensions Ombudsman for maladministration – unless it can prove it is managing its climate-related risk. ClientEarth is supporting him.
“I feel very lucky to be able to work every day with positive people who, like me, value the opportunity we have to help develop and defend the laws that protect our planet. Everything we can do today to minimise the impact of climate change our children will thank us for tomorrow.”
- The draft Global Pact for the Environment
- Ostrołęka C: Energa’s and Enea’s Board Members’ Fiduciary Duties to the Companies and Shareholders
- Letter to KPMG regarding audit of Balfour Beatty PLC
- Letter to Deloitte regarding audit of Bodycote PLC
- Letter to EY regarding the audit of EnQuest PLC
- Letter to PwC regarding audit of EasyJet PLC
- Complaint to the FRC Conduct Committee – EasyJet PLC
- Complaint to the FRC Conduct Committee – Bodycote PLC
- Complaint to the FRC Conduct Committee – EnQuest PLC
- Complaint to the FRC Conduct Committee – Balfour Beatty PLC
- Mobilising IOSCO to take action on the TCFD recommendations – joint report
- ClientEarth’s Climate Snapshot
You can help
Your support helps us use the law to protect your environment.