As Commonwealth leaders assemble in London, under distinct pressure to act on climate, lawyers point to existing law that commits directors to manage climate risk.
Shareholders are set to protest the corporation’s membership to trade associations notorious for undermining international climate efforts.
Shell has been served legal notice today after Friends of the Earth Netherlands took the first step in a court case over the oil giant’s climate record.
The number of coal plants across the world will start to drop within five years, according to a new expert report.
The world’s first national inquiry into the human rights impacts of climate change takes a crucial leap forward today, as the Philippines’ Commission on Human Rights hears evidence at a two-day hearing in Manila.
“I feel very lucky to be able to work every day with positive people who, like me, value the opportunity we have to help develop and defend the laws that protect our planet. Everything we can do today to minimise the impact of climate change our children will thank us for tomorrow.”
- Joint Amicus Brief in the national inquiry on the impact of climate change on the human rights of the Filipino people
- Investor Briefing UK v Australian Shareholder Rights – Feb 2018
- Glossary of key terms for climate science and law seminar
- Summary of proceedings climate science and litigation seminar London
- Winter Package Symposium, 1 March 2017 – Presentations
- Amicus Curiae Brief Presented by ClientEarth – Annex A, B, C, D
- Amicus Curiae Brief presented by ClientEarth Re: National inquiry on the impact of climate change on the human rights of the Filipino
- The Missing 60: What can investors do to secure improved climate voting by asset managers?
- Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) and the environment A gold standard for the planet or for big business?
- ClientEarth Investor Briefing Exxon sued in US for allegedly misleading investors on climate risk
- ClientEarth Briefing – Can Donald Trump cancel the Paris Agreement?
- Trump presidency may significantly increase climate-related financial risks to business and investors
You can help
Your support helps us use the law to protect your environment.