The Australian government has promised $25 million in climate adaptation spending for the Torres Strait – a key ask of a group of eight islanders who brought a world-first human rights complaint over the Canberra’s climate inaction.
During BP’s net-zero announcement, new CEO Bernard Looney announced that BP will “stop corporate reputation advertising” and that the current Possibilities Everywhere ad campaign will end and not be replaced.
In a world-first our lawyers have submitted a complaint of over 100-pages to the UK National Contact Point for the OECD against oil and gas giant BP. Read the details.
In December, ClientEarth co-hosted The Inception Meeting for Joint Research on “Green Development Guidance for Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) Projects”, also known as the “Green Light System”.
At ClientEarth, 2019 has been a year of huge successes in the fight for our planet. Here are some of our highlights.
“I feel very lucky to be able to work every day with positive people who, like me, value the opportunity we have to help develop and defend the laws that protect our planet. Everything we can do today to minimise the impact of climate change our children will thank us for tomorrow.”
- Stellungnahme von ClientEarth zum Kohleverstromungsbeendigungsgesetz
- Subsydia: Motor czy hamulec polskiej transformacji energetycznej?
- UK financial regulators are missing in action on company failures to disclose material climate-related information
- Insuring coal no more – The 2019 Scorecard on Insurance, Coal and Climate Change
- ClientEarth letter to the Board of Directors of the European Investment Bank (EIB) on its fossil-free lending policy
- Brief an Bundesministerien: Finanzierungspolitik der EIB im Energiesektor – mit rechtlicher Analyse
- ClientEarth’s Climate Snapshot 2019
- ClientEarth response to Treasury Select Committee Inquiry into Decarbonisation of the UK Economy and Green Finance
- ClientEarth response to the independent review of the Financial Reporting Council – initial consultation on the recommendations
- ClientEarth response to the independent review into the quality and effectiveness of audit
- Kohleausstiegsgesetz Gesetzentwurf über die Beendigung der Nutzung von Braun- und Steinkohle in Großfeuerungsanlagen
- Ostrołęka C – the €1.2bn elephant in the room at COP24