The EU is fighting to move away from single-use plastics. And while lawmakers wage war with lobbyists to do so, petrochemicals company Ineos is gearing up to build a €3bn plastics refinery in the Port of Antwerp, sitting just alongside the border between Belgium and the Netherlands.
Barclays’ new climate policy presents historic opportunity for the bank to become a climate leader and sends a clear signal to other financial heavyweights.
How can you save the planet from your sofa or school? We have collaborated with Clive Gifford and Jonathan Woodward to create a new book Guardians of the Planet: How to be an Eco-Hero.
The Australian government has promised $25 million in climate adaptation spending for the Torres Strait.
During BP’s net-zero announcement, new CEO Bernard Looney announced that BP will “stop corporate reputation advertising” and that the current Possibilities Everywhere ad campaign will end and not be replaced.
“I feel very lucky to be able to work every day with positive people who, like me, value the opportunity we have to help develop and defend the laws that protect our planet. Everything we can do today to minimise the impact of climate change our children will thank us for tomorrow.”
- List do nowej prezes PGE GiEK z apelem o formalne odstąpienie od projektu budowy kopalni „Złoczew”
- James Thornton interview New Philosopher
- ClientEarth letter to Nigel Higgins of Barclays PLC – redacted
- Stellungnahme von ClientEarth zum Kohleverstromungsbeendigungsgesetz
- Subsydia: Motor czy hamulec polskiej transformacji energetycznej?
- UK financial regulators are missing in action on company failures to disclose material climate-related information
- Insuring coal no more – The 2019 Scorecard on Insurance, Coal and Climate Change
- ClientEarth letter to the Board of Directors of the European Investment Bank (EIB) on its fossil-free lending policy
- Brief an Bundesministerien: Finanzierungspolitik der EIB im Energiesektor – mit rechtlicher Analyse
- ClientEarth’s Climate Snapshot 2019
- ClientEarth response to Treasury Select Committee Inquiry into Decarbonisation of the UK Economy and Green Finance
- ClientEarth response to the independent review of the Financial Reporting Council – initial consultation on the recommendations