“The irony is that by enabling new coal projects, insurers are undermining their own viability. It is a stark case of climate hypocrisy.”
ClientEarth calls on Glencore to halt lobbying against climate action following news that the major coal producer will not grow its coal capacity and align its business with the Paris Agreement.
ClientEarth has warned warned that, if approved, a new Drax gas plant would be responsible for as much as 75% of the emissions budget for the entire UK power sector.
ClientEarth has issued a further legal warning to Polish energy companies Enea and Energa as they prepare to bid for state subsidies for controversial coal power plant Ostrołęka C.
Vanuatu is calling for a new ‘loss and damage fund’ to ensure payments from those most responsible for climate change go towards those most affected by climate disasters.
“I feel very lucky to be able to work every day with positive people who, like me, value the opportunity we have to help develop and defend the laws that protect our planet. Everything we can do today to minimise the impact of climate change our children will thank us for tomorrow.”
- Ostrołęka C – the €1.2bn elephant in the room at COP24
- Influencing 2021-2030 NECP’s through public participation
- Law and ambition in Poland’s energy transition
- The draft Global Pact for the Environment
- Ostrołęka C: Energa’s and Enea’s Board Members’ Fiduciary Duties to the Companies and Shareholders
- Letter to KPMG regarding audit of Balfour Beatty PLC
- Letter to Deloitte regarding audit of Bodycote PLC
- Letter to EY regarding the audit of EnQuest PLC
- Letter to PwC regarding audit of EasyJet PLC
- Complaint to the FRC Conduct Committee – EasyJet PLC
- Complaint to the FRC Conduct Committee – Bodycote PLC
- Complaint to the FRC Conduct Committee – EnQuest PLC