Sustainable Seafood Coalition (SSC) Members’ meeting minutes 1st March 2017
PDF | 222 kb
PDF | 222 kb
Summary of agreed points
• An SSC “AGM” will be held (c. early April 2017) in which strategy, governance, funding needs and financial reporting will be revisited and agreed.
• Membership expansion is critical (assuming the SSC must grow in order to achieve its aims), and should be targeted against the SSC strategy.
• A list of named attendees will be included in draft meeting minutes shared with members. The public version will remain anonymous.
• Silence will imply consent on secretariat requests for feedback.
• Consideration of social commitments to be practically included in the codes should be revisited in the future. However, keeping a small social working group would be valuable to share information and liaise with other stakeholders.
• The SSC coordinator post will be recruited after the SSC strategy is agreed, and be aligned with its outcomes.
• Social responsibility working group to remain ‘on hold’ until the SSC strategy is defined, the outcome of which will dictate the social responsibility workstream and noting too that external tools are being established.
• Members would like to be informed if the SSC is to be used as case study at international events – this information could be circulated via a newsletter or email. Any outreach about SSC would need to align to SSC strategy in the first instance.
• To decide SSC involvement on fishery improvements, though either Project UK or the proposed collaboration, at or after the SSC strategy has been defined.