Investors rely on companies to accurately report on the risks to their business. But despite new international initiatives, most companies are not reporting their exposure to climate risk adequately. Our engagement with regulators and businesses is pushing companies towards reporting on and reducing these risks.
“The irony is that by enabling new coal projects, insurers are undermining their own viability. It is a stark case of climate hypocrisy.”
Company Enea will have to justify its decision to power ahead with the controversial project in court, as Poland feels the pressure before COP24.
A member of Shell’s pension fund is ready to take it to the Pensions Ombudsman for maladministration – unless it can prove it is managing its climate-related risk. ClientEarth is supporting him.
Here, you can access our regulatory referrals, investor briefings, and publications on the legal duties of company directors, pension fund trustees, investment advisers, asset managers, auditors, and other financial actors, to report on and manage the material financial risks associated with climate change.
- ClientEarth letter to Lloyd’s of London – risks of underwriting Adani’s Carmichael mine
- Ostrołęka C: Enea’s and Energa’s Board Members’ Fiduciary Duties to the Companies and Shareholders
- Ostrołęka C – the €1.2bn elephant in the room at COP24
- Ostrołęka C: Energa’s and Enea’s Board Members’ Fiduciary Duties to the Companies and Shareholders
- Investor Briefing – The opportunity for IOSCO action on the TCFD recommendations
- Letter to KPMG regarding audit of Balfour Beatty PLC
- Letter to Deloitte regarding audit of Bodycote PLC
- Complaint to the FRC Conduct Committee – EasyJet PLC
- ClientEarth witness statement to the Philippines Commission on Human Rights’ national inquiry on climate change
- ClientEarth presentation to the Philippines Commission on Human Rights’ national inquiry on climate change
- Mobilising IOSCO to take action on the TCFD recommendations – joint report
- Market standards on climate related risk by asset owners