Investors rely on companies to accurately report on the risks to their business. But despite new international initiatives, most companies are not reporting their exposure to climate risk adequately. Our engagement with regulators and businesses is pushing companies towards reporting on and reducing these risks.
ClientEarth has issued a further legal warning to Polish energy companies Enea and Energa as they prepare to bid for state subsidies for controversial coal power plant Ostrołęka C.
Company Enea will have to justify its decision to power ahead with the controversial project in court, as Poland feels the pressure before COP24.
A member of Shell’s pension fund is ready to take it to the Pensions Ombudsman for maladministration – unless it can prove it is managing its climate-related risk. ClientEarth is supporting him.
Environmental lawyers ClientEarth have put the directors of Energa and Enea on notice of the increasing risk of legal action if they proceed with the project.
Major investors have set out support for a new investor briefing detailing what could be gained from recognition of climate risk by global securities regulatory association IOSCO.
ClientEarth’s Company and Financial Project brings legal interventions designed to integrate climate-related financial risks into corporate and financial decision making.
Here, you can access our regulatory referrals, investor briefings, and publications on the legal duties of company directors, pension fund trustees, investment advisers, asset managers, auditors, and other financial actors, to report on and manage the material financial risks associated with climate change.
- Ostrołęka C: Enea’s and Energa’s Board Members’ Fiduciary Duties to the Companies and Shareholders
- Ostrołęka C – the €1.2bn elephant in the room at COP24
- Ostrołęka C: Energa’s and Enea’s Board Members’ Fiduciary Duties to the Companies and Shareholders
- Investor Briefing – The opportunity for IOSCO action on the TCFD recommendations
- Letter to KPMG regarding audit of Balfour Beatty PLC
- Letter to Deloitte regarding audit of Bodycote PLC
- Complaint to the FRC Conduct Committee – EasyJet PLC
- ClientEarth witness statement to the Philippines Commission on Human Rights’ national inquiry on climate change
- ClientEarth presentation to the Philippines Commission on Human Rights’ national inquiry on climate change
- Mobilising IOSCO to take action on the TCFD recommendations – joint report
- Market standards on climate related risk by asset owners
- Pensions and climate risk – Legal letter to New Airways Pension Scheme