Clean air is essential for a healthy life. More than 400,000 early deaths are caused each year by air pollution in Europe. We are all affected but some, especially children and older people, are more vulnerable than others. We are fighting for everybody’s right to breathe clean air.
Report shows that momentum is building in Germany and throughout Europe to transition to cleaner transport.
European Commission opens investigation into whether BMW, Daimler and VW colluded to avoid competition on technology to clean car emissions.
A new study suggests there could be a link between air pollution and heightened risk of dementia.
Legal experts from environmental law charity ClientEarth warn that documents released yesterday detailing the government’s contingencies for a no-deal Brexit scenario reveal departments worryingly underprepared to maintain promised environmental protections.
“Politicians need to decide on their priority: answering to the car industry or protecting people’s health.”
Over several years of legal action to improve European air quality, ClientEarth has built a body of leading clean air resources. This section, updated regularly, features links to court rulings, policy developments, and ClientEarth’s Clean Air Handbook, among other useful documents.
- The first ten years of the EU Ambient Air Quality Directive – an essential tool for protecting our health
- Public Consultation to inform the Fitness Check of the EU Ambient Air Quality Directives (2008/50/EC, 2004/107/EC)
- Helping people and business to move towards cleaner forms of transport – The potential role of fiscal policy
- Legal test for feasibility studies
- Defra Response to Environmental Information Request on proposals to improve air quality
- ClientEarth and EEB Environmental Information Request to Defra on proposals to improve air quality
- High Court ruling on ClientEarth (No2) vs SSEFRA, AQP consultation
- High Court ruling on ClientEarth (No2) vs SSEFRA, pre-election “purdah”
- High Court Order on ClientEarth (No3) vs SSEFRA, liberty to apply and air pollution plans
- Polskie kłopoty z prawem UE z powodu przekroczeń PM10
- ClientEarth Clean Air case: REA interim judgment – interlocutory judgment
- Uwagi ClientEarth Prawnicy dla Ziemi do projektu “uchwały antysmogowej” dla Mazowsza
You can help
Your support helps us use the law to protect your environment.