Click 'Continue' if you consent to use all non-essential cookies.
PDF | 163 kb
Summary of conclusions & actions:
• The next labelling WG should include a focus session on ‘sustainably farmed’ and on
‘what FIPs and AIPs’ really mean, as well as further analysis on minimum criteria
and definitions for claims. Aim to finalise labelling code by January 2012.
• Species diversification WG should focus solely on species diversification and all
work on bycatch reduction and data collection should go to the Discard Action
Group (DAG), to avoid duplication. Working Group to identify appropriate unpopular
managed species. Secretariat will contract out market research on the barriers to
change to these species.
• Secretariat will edit the letter to Commissioner Damanaki and send it to members
for revisions, before sending it to the commissioner.
• Secretariat will: continue communicating with retailers and suppliers not currently
members of the SSC; identify other suppliers/retailers/brands, foodservice
businesses and celebrity chefs to approach regarding joining SSC and send to
members for additions.
• Secretariat will produce a draft of seafood sourcing policies aim to add to the
current aims, and send to members for comments.