Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 8:30 – 17:30
The Square, Brussels
This event is now fully subscribed.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About the symposium
On 30 November 2016, the European Commission’s long-anticipated “Clean Energy For All Europeans” package, was released.
ClientEarth and the Regulatory Assistance Project (RAP) would like to invite you to their Winter Package Symposium on the key issues and challenges around these new proposals.
The Symposium is designed for policymakers, NGOs, interested trade associations and EU institutional stakeholders. It will address the legislative proposals from the Winter Package aimed at reforming EU Energy Market Design and integrating energy from renewable resources.
Download the programme in PDF format here.
|08.30 – 09.30:||Registration|
|09.30 – 10.00:||Welcome and Introduction by Maria Kleis-Walravens, Lawyer/Project Lead EU Group Climate and Energy, ClientEarth|
|Morning Session||Empowering consumers|
|10.00 – 10.30||Analysis of the winter package from the point of view of consumers: Presentation by Angeliki Malizou, Energy Policy Officer, BEUC|
|10.30 – 11.00||Coffee Break|
|11.00 – 12.30||Panel Session chaired by Richard Cowart, Principal and European Programme Director, RAP
– DR, Aggregators, and the interaction between Aggregators and Suppliers: Grace Murray, Senior Policy Adviser, Smart Energy Demand Coalition
– Communities and self-consumption: Josh Roberts, Advocacy Officer, RESCOOP
– New deal for energy consumers & new roles for DSOs: Pavla Mandatova, Advisor, Retail Markets & Innovation, Eurelectric
|12.30 – 13.30||Lunch|
|Afternoon Session 1||Securing Resource Adequacy|
|13.30 – 13:45||Introduction by Philip Baker, Senior Advisor, RAP|
|13:45 – 14.15||Case study: The Polish Capacity Mechanism, presentation by Marcin Stoczkiewicz, Senior lawyer, Head of Central & Eastern Europe, ClientEarth and Jan Rączka, Senior Advisor, RAP|
|14.15 – 15.30||Dimensions of market integration, Panel session, chaired by Jonathan Gaventa, Director, E3G
– New framework for establishing reliability standard, Simone Biondi, System Development Advisor, ENTSO-E
– Regulatory Perspective on Security of Supply by Andrew Ebrill, Secretary General, CEER
– Regionalisation – Experience from the Pentalateral Energy Forum: Jan Hensmans, co-chair of the Pentalateral Energy Forum Support Group on security of supply, Belgian Ministry of Economy
|15.30 – 16.00:||Coffee Break|
|Afternoon Session 2||Promoting Renewables and Flexible Markets|
|16.00 – 17.15||Panel chaired by Matthias Buck, Head of EU Energy Policy, Agora Energiewende
– Flexibility – do the new rules go far enough? Philip Baker, Senior Advisor, RAP
|17.15 – 17:30||Conclusion by Richard Cowart, Principal and European Programme Director, RAP|
|17.30||End of the Conference|