Following the success of the Sustainable Seafood Coalition (SSC) in the UK, the launch of the Hong Kong Sustainable Seafood Coalition (HKSSC) demonstrates how the collaborative model can be replicated around the world.
The EU Fisheries Control System is currently undergoing a revision process: the proposal from the European Commission has been published in May 2018 and both the Council and the European Parliament are currently working on this file.
The European Parliament has advanced the push to protect people and the environment from plastic pollution.
The health of Europe’s fisheries in the north-east Atlantic is at stake after a European Parliament committee decided today to postpone the recovery of fish stocks in that area.
Legal experts are calling on the European Parliament to support plans for ports to charge a fixed fee to manage waste from incoming ships, to remove the incentive for operators to dump at sea.
“Working for ClientEarth gives me a huge sense of hope. By combining law with science, and working with businesses, we will make a real difference to our seas at a time when action is critical.”
- Joint NGO position: Recovering fish stocks and fully implementing the Landing Obligation – managing fishing mortality to meet CFP objectives
- Implementation of the landing obligation in 2019: Urgent recommendations for the UK government and devolved administrations
- Joint NGO recommendations on fishing opportunities for 2019 – TAC Annex
- Joint NGO recommendations on fishing opportunities for 2019 – Policy Annex
- Joint NGO recommendations on fishing opportunities for 2019 – Cover letter
- NGO voting priority recommendations for the ENVI vote on the EMFF
- ClientEarth letter to Commission regarding the Commission’s upcoming TAC proposal and its approach to the 2019 fishing opportunities in the Northeast Atlantic
- ClientEarth letter to Commission regarding recommendations for the Commission’s communication on fishing opportunities for 2019 and report under CFP Article 50
- Joint NGO letter to Commissioners Vella and Malmström – Maintaining the EU ban on subsidies for the construction of new fishing vessels
- ClientEarth’s response to the Commission’s Communication concerning a consultation on fishing opportunities for 2019 under the CFP
- NGO recommendations for deep-sea fishing limits 2019–2020
- Overview of CFP infringements per Member State