The health of Europe’s fisheries in the north-east Atlantic is at stake after a European Parliament committee decided today to postpone the recovery of fish stocks in that area.
Legal experts are calling on the European Parliament to support plans for ports to charge a fixed fee to manage waste from incoming ships, to remove the incentive for operators to dump at sea.
Businesses in the UK’s Sustainable Seafood Coalition have agreed on commitments that recognise the risk of modern slavery and social responsibility in their supply chains.
The EU should consider an ambitious set of taxes on plastic in Europe to reduce the overall use in the economy, a new report has found.
Lawyers are warning the European Commission not to allow harmful subsidies that could lead to overfishing.
“Working for ClientEarth gives me a huge sense of hope. By combining law with science, and working with businesses, we will make a real difference to our seas at a time when action is critical.”
- ClientEarth letter to Commission regarding recommendations for the Commission’s communication on fishing opportunities for 2019 and report under CFP Article 50
- Joint NGO letter to Commissioners Vella and Malmström – Maintaining the EU ban on subsidies for the construction of new fishing vessels
- ClientEarth’s response to the Commission’s Communication concerning a consultation on fishing opportunities for 2019 under the CFP
- NGO recommendations for deep-sea fishing limits 2019–2020
- Overview of CFP infringements per Member State
- Access to documents requests on the implementation of the EU fisheries Control Regulation
- Annexes II and III to ClientEarth and Seas At Risk letter to Commission regarding outstanding concerns about exemption requests for the 2019 discard plans
- Annex I to ClientEarth and Seas At Risk letter to Commission regarding outstanding concerns about exemption requests for the 2019 discard plans
- ClientEarth and Seas At Risk letter to Commission regarding outstanding concerns about exemption requests for the 2019 discard plans
- Priorités communes des ONG sur la révision du système européen de contrôle de la pêche
- Joint NGO Reaction to Commission’s proposal on targets under art. 4 of the Technical and Conservation Measures Regulation
- Sustainable Seafood Coalition (SSC) FAQs