Speaking to the European Parliament, ClientEarth lawyer Flaminia Tacconi said that EMFF should only support measures that contribute to economically self-sufficient and environmentally sustainable fisheries.
- EU fund proposal would artificially keep unsustainable fisheries afloat
- North Sea agreement makes a mockery of EU fisheries law
ClientEarth has applauded a European Parliament decision to throw out fishing measures that risked vulnerable marine life and ecosystems in protected areas of the North Sea.
ClientEarth lawyers have criticised the newly released European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF) proposal for continuing heavy subsidies for both environmentally and economically unsustainable fishing.
The commercial foodservice industry in the UK has been urged to use its “massive purchasing power” to source seafood sustainably and align its standards with the rest of the industry.
ClientEarth lawyers are calling for greater enforcement of sanctions against illegal fishing, following the release of the European Commission’s new fisheries control proposal.
“Working for ClientEarth gives me a huge sense of hope. By combining law with science, and working with businesses, we will make a real difference to our seas at a time when action is critical.”
- The post-2020 European Maritime and Fisheries Fund: how to ensure that EU financial aid serves the objectives of the Common Fisheries Policy?
- Joint NGO priorities on the revision of the EU Fisheries Control System
- ClientEarth’s written contribution to the revision process of the EU Fisheries Control System
- Contribución de ClientEarth al proceso de reforma del régimen de control de pesca de la UE
- Joint NGO priorities on the Multi-annual Plan for the Western Mediterranean Sea (WMedMAP)
- Projekt Globalnego Paktu dla Środowiska
- Ocena wpływu planowanego przedsięwzięcia polegającego na budowie i eksploatacji gazociągu Nord Stream 2 na środowisko Bałtyku
- ClientEarth’s response to the Commission’s Communication concerning a consultation on fishing opportunities for 2018 under the CFP
- Sustainable Seafood Coalition (SSC) Members’ Meeting Minutes 25 Jan 2018
- El control y ejecución de la política pesquera en España
- Joint NGO letter on technical measures plenary vote
- Joint NGO letter to Mr. Timmermans on the revision of the EU Fisheries Control System