ClientEarth CEO James Thornton has been named as one of the top 10 environmental heroes by the UK’s leading environment charity heads.
The list, topped by Green Party MP Caroline Lucas and broadcaster Sir David Attenborough included an array of individuals from business, science and beyond who are deemed to have done the most to advance the environment.
James Thornton said: “I am delighted to be considered in such distinguished company, on a list of brilliantly dedicated and talented environmental champions. It’s a testament to the talented team we have working at ClientEarth.”
“What makes this extra special is that the survey was conducted among CEOs from the UK’s leading environmental charities. Together we all work towards one goal, to protect people and the planet.”
The survey is revealed today to mark Earth Day 2017 – an international day of support for the environment and sustainability.
On Earth Day 2016 the landmark Paris Agreement was signed by 120 countries worldwide as a commitment to tackle climate change.
The ‘Environmental Heroes’ list is part of the Pulse Survey conducted by the Environmental Funders Network. See the full list and rankings below:
1. Caroline Lucas, MP for Brighton and Co-leader of the Green Party
2. Sir David Attenborough, Broadcaster and Naturalist
3. Chris Packham, Naturalist and Presenter of Springwatch
= George Monbiot, Environmental Activist and Guardian Columnist
= Tony Juniper, Environmentalist and Sustainability Campaigner
6. James Thornton, Environmental Lawyer and Founding CEO of ClientEarth
7. Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Chef and Food & Environment Campaigner
= Mark Carney, Governor of the Bank of England
9. Helen Browning, Organic Farmer
= Jonathon Porritt, Environmentalist and Writer
= Paul Polman, CEO of Unilever
12. HRH Prince William, Environment and Conservation Campaigner
= Mark Avery, Campaigner and former director of conservation at the RSPB