As Commonwealth leaders assemble in London, under distinct pressure to act on climate, lawyers point to existing law that commits directors to manage climate risk.
Report: Landmark ruling suggests investor-state dispute settlement illegal in all EU-investment deals
A report published today by ClientEarth and the Center for International Environmental Law (CIEL) reveals that the recent Achmea ruling by the European Court of Justice (ECJ) could render investment agreements between the European Union (EU) or its Member States and non-EU countries illegal.
Shareholders are set to protest the corporation’s membership to trade associations notorious for undermining international climate efforts.
A new report by ClientEarth and ShareAction has revealed that millions of pension savers may face significant future losses due to lack of action from pension providers and their regulator on climate risk
Today, a landmark ruling of the European Court of Justice could signal the beginning of the end for around 200 investment agreements between EU Member States.
“The environment is not protected by environmental laws only. In our project, we use company and financial laws to drive companies, investors and directors towards sustainable, environmentally sound modes of governance and decision-making.”
- Sustainable Seafood Coalition (SSC) Members’ Meeting Minutes 25 Jan 2018
- Contract-based pensions and climate risk: Report and recommendations to the Financial Conduct Authority
- Letter to Lloyd’s about investment policy and coal risk
- Investor Briefing UK v Australian Shareholder Rights – Feb 2018
- Comments on Stakeholder Consultation Paper – interface of chemical, product and waste legislation
- Voluntary ‘deforestation free’ commitments
- Financial regulators and climate risk – using the Adaptation Reporting Power
- Towards a more diligent and sustainable system of investment protection
- Complaint to the European Investment Bank’s Complaint Mechanism – Noncompliance of the European Investment Bank’s Transparency Policy with EU and international law on access to information
- Complaint to the European Ombudsman on the European Investment Bank’s Transparency Policy
- Letter from European Obmudsman responding to ClientEarth’s complaint about the European Investment Bank
- Minutes from meeting between Commission and US and Canadian ambassadors about endocrine disruptors in pesticides