The EU has published the highly anticipated Farm to Fork Strategy and Biodiversity Strategy this week, shaping the future of food systems and nature protection in the Union. These strategies are at the heart of the European Green Deal and aim to build our resilience to future climate threats.
- European rules on chemicals used in the food chain do not protect public health
- Due diligence key to make supply chains more sustainable: report
ClientEarth’s environmental lawyers are warning national governments that only strong national laws can properly protect forests, store carbon emissions and ensure the livelihood of forest-dependent communities, in response to today’s land use report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
Under pressure from a number of member states, the European Commission has revived a push to water down rules that protect against endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) in pesticides.
ClientEarth and German organisation DUH are suing the German government over ammonia emissions.
As the public consultation for the Birds and Habitats Directives draws to a close, we take a look at ecosystem services – the work the earth does on our behalf – and how they’re valued.
“Humanity faces a global challenge that will hurt stronger in a near future if we do not change the paradigms and dynamics along the food supply chain and the farming sector by amending the relevant legal framework wherever possible and by securing its efficient enforcement”
- Meeting request on CAP alignment with EU Green Deal
- CAP conflict: is the European Commission breaching its legal duties?
- Paving the way for a more sustainable food system
- NGOs letter to the European Commission on the importance of publishing the Farm to Fork Strategy without further delays
- COVID-19 measures in agriculture: joint NGO letter to Agriculture Commissioner
- ClientEarth’s response to the Roadmap for a Farm to Fork Strategy
- EU Soil Framework Directive
- Securing the environmental ambition of the CAP
- Legal Toolkit on Forest Conversion Factsheet 1: Allocation of land – the need for clarity
- Bee emergency call – How some Member States are threatening bees by allowing the use of prohibited pesticides and how the Commission does nothing to stop them